Foundational Learning Competence
Foundational Learning refers to the competence needed in the two key areas of Communication and Mathematical Literacy in order to deal successfully with occupational learning at NQF Levels 2-4. Its key purpose is to remove barriers to learning and progress in occupational pathways and skills development.
Foundational Learning refers to the competence neede the two key areas of Communication and Mathema Literacy in order to deal successfully with occupati learning at NQF Levels 2-4. Its key purpose is to rem barriers to learning and progress in occupati pathways and skills development.
• Speaking and listening
• Visual literacy
• Language structure and usage
• Study skills
• Workplace Terminology
• Number and quantity
• Data and chance
• Space and shape
• Patterns and relationships
• Communication at ABET Level 3 or equivalent
• Mathematical Literacy at ABET Level 3 or equivalent
• 6 Months
• Virtual, Face to Face & hybridHybrid
All Country Campuses
SKILLS YOU WILL DEVELOP
• Read, understand and write a variety of texts to record information and ideas as well as extract and use information, and make critical judgments.
• Interact verbally with others with a practical degree of confidence for a variety of purposes.
Use knowledge of grammar to comprehend and communicate effectually through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
• Use the language of learning and teaching effectively for occupational learning and training.
• Use numbers in a variety of forms to describe, interpret and solve problems involving mathematical patterns, relationships and functions in a range of familiar and unfamiliar contexts.
• Manage personal finances using financial documents and related formulae.
• Collect, display and interpret data in various ways and solve related problems.