National Certificate: Counseling Services
Counselling is a talking therapy which helps people to overcome problems. A counsellor is someone that has been trained to listen with empathy, who can help individuals (as well as couples and groups) deal with negative thoughts or emotions.
Counselling is a talking therapy which helps people to overcome problems. A counsellor is someone that has been trained to listen with empathy, who can help individuals (as well as couples and groups) deal with negative thoughts or emotions. If someone is suffering from stress, bereavement, or trauma, talking to a counsellor will be of great help. and can help them to work through any issues. If you would like to become a skilled, professional counsellor then this course is the perfect place to start!
• Reading, writing, speaking & listening skills in English
• Workplace safety, security & emergency
• Provide quality client services
• Implement legal & ethical framework
• Personal growth & maturity
• Maintain an effective counselling environment
• Principles & procedures in counselling
• Conduct counselling in a structured environment
• Counsel people with HIV and AIDS
• Work in a culturally diverse team
• Workplace communication
• Use communication devices & computer skills
Grade 12 National Certificate with 20 points and
minimum E symbol in English
• 12 Months
• Face to Face & Virtual
SKILLS YOU WILL DEVELOP
• Follow safety, security and emergency procedures; provide quality client service; implement and maintain a legal and ethical framework for counselling services; and demonstrate personal growth towards maturity as a counsellor
• Perform specific counselling service activities as part of counselling services including implementing and maintaining an effective counselling services environment; applying principles, approaches and procedures to demonstrate care as a counsellor; conducting community counselling in a structured environment; and engaging in counselling with people on HIV and AIDS.